When you want to migrate Outlook emails, contacts, calendar items, tasks, and notes from one computer to another or restore a backup of your Outlook data, the Import and Export Wizard is the easiest way to complete the task.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Open.
- Click Import.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, click Import from another program or file, and the click Next.
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.
- Click Browse, and then choose the file to import.
Note: Under Options, it is recommended that you click Do not import duplicates unless you want the imported information to replace or duplicate items already in Outlook.
- Click Next.
- If a password was assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), you are prompted to enter the password, and then click OK.
- Set the options for importing items. The default settings usually don’t need to be changed.
- The top folder — usually Personal Folders, Outlook Data File, or your email address — is selected automatically.
- Include subfolders is selected by default. All folders under the folder selected will be imported.
- The default selection of Import items into the same folder in matches the folders from the imported file to the folders in Outlook. If a folder doesn’t exist in Outlook, it will be created.
- Click Finish.
by Triwor Support Team,